How To Fix cPanel Error “IP Address Has Changed”
The most probable reasons of this error message “IP address has change” from cPanel are as follows.
- Your Internet Service Provider (ISP) may has a short DHCP lease time which causing your IP address to be renewed/released and reassigned while you are logged into cPanel.
- You are attempting to login into cPanel using the same account from two different server concurrently.
To resolve this error, you can try to relogin into cPanel. This usually works. If it is not working, you will need to configure cookie IP validation settings from WHM.
Note :- It is applicable for accounts with WHM/cPanel version 11.28 and above and you will have a Cloud Hosting Reseller Account or higher.
To do the same, you can follow below steps.
- Login to WHM
- Click on Tweak Settings under Server Configuration
- Click on “Security” tab
- Change “Cookie IP Validation” value from strict to loose and frequency of re-authentication will be lowered.
- Click on Save Button
Note :- This will validate the IP addresses used in all cookie based logins to limit the ability of attackers who capture cPanel session cookies to use them in an exploit of the cPanel or WebHost Manager interfaces. For this setting to have maximum effectiveness, service subdomains (formerly known as proxy domains) should also be disabled. If you skip this, you will have to utilize a proxy server with a static IP address to establish and maintain your connection.
To disable service subdomains,
- Go to “Domains” tab under Tweak Settings
- Change the value from “On” to “Off”.
- Click on Save button
614 total views, 11 views today